Dear Mom,
How is heaven? Have you met May. May and her way of getting rid of bugs was what led me to you after all so you really should. Her ways of dealing with calamities has a bizarre soothing effect when I'm sad. When I think of the 14 years of my life that I was shackled to the peach farm I realized how better it would have been for me to have left years ago.
You'd be surprised to hear the Civil Rights Act got approved--- everyone on the house is so happy. No more apprehension for the protesters, the anarchy against that was unleashed against them has died. Like the bees--to form a great functioning hive, they need to assimilate the whole population and live together in harmony.
If people long ago would have stopped dissension about the colored people the'y realize how warm and kind they are. After all I didn't marry Zack for nothing, 'sides it's okay for me too do so. Yet two months have elapsed scince he visited us here in Tiburon--he's so busy now. All those years in law school has turned him into a successful ass-busting lawyer. You should of seen him when he works on his cases---so meticulous. He is lionized by everyone in Tiburon so far all kids say they want to be like him.
Remember Rosaleen? The one who took care of me when you died? Remember when I told you how she would stay up late at night and practice her signature? Well when she went to register her vote i turns out she was one of the first to have the courage to vote.
Mom I miss you. I feel you in all my "moms"--- the Calendar Sisters, Rosaleen, and the Daughters of Mary-- It's like you simply never left.
Love,
Lily Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment